Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Eat Pray Love Bead #2

So she takes you back a little in time about why she was crying on the floor about her marriage.

At a point she is discussing why at 30 she was supposed to be excited about trying to have a baby b/c for some strange reason at that age you're supposed to have one. I feel like she does about a baby and I'm already 37. We have decided not to have one (my husband and I) and we're ok with it.

I love the comment from her sister that having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face-you do have to be serious to commit to something like that. My joy is rather to be a great Aunt and someday I'll get to have that chance.

Anyhoo as a go back to bead #2. I feel sad for her knowing that she hated her marriage and proud that she feels she doesn't have to discuss with us-the reader-why things happened for her the way it did, it's not any of our business how she got there, it's the story of where she went to from there. The learning experience is what we are reading here.

On to Bead #3

No comments:

Post a Comment