Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody) by Elizabeth Peters

This was my first introduction to a cozy mystery.  I had a little inkling of what I was getting myself into.

In understanding this was the first book of the series it felt there was a lot of background writing going on and I was anxious for the action to get started.  I had to remind myself that this was my first book and getting used to a new writer. 

In all I really did enjoy the story and the characters.  I really loved Amelia's philosophy on things and really men should not have all the fun, especially during that time period when women were considered genteel.  How they would cringe at today's standards.  I look forward in jumping into the next saga and relish being connect with Emerson, Walter, and Evelyn again!

No comments:

Post a Comment